Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:43:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Record Keeping
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Record Keeping  (Read 6212 times)
mark

« on: September 19, 2007, 02:53:20 AM »

I am thinking about raising Bobwhite's, does anyone have a simple way of keeping records of what you have done with the birds, I live in Missouri and I know they need records of birds that you have bought, sold, died, or used for dog training. Is there a computer program or just use a notebook to keep records.

thanks
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 04:26:58 AM »

I keep everything on paper have not seen any programs for computer
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 06:48:51 AM »

There are two types of records, your own and the state. If there were a record keeping program, I doubt it would be usable. Each state has their own forms and regulations, check with your DNR and get the forms that they have and use them.

If you know how to use MS Works use their spread sheet, and make your own. Otherwise, just keep your states paperwork and don't lose it.

WV has 3 forms. LE-33a(Death/Birth) any thing that occurs within a month you have 15 days to mail it in and keep a copy for your record. LE-33b(Acquisition/Disposition) Selling or releasing of birds. This form has the same time frame to submit to the state, and the yearly form LE-32, this is a combine form that cover the sale/death/birth for the entire year and must be submitted for the renewal of the game bird license.

So you see, a one size fits all program that you are looking for just won't work.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 06:52:01 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 06:50:06 AM »

Oh, and Mark, Welcome to the forum!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 11:48:55 PM »

Check the Conservation Dept. web site, but I don't think they have official forms.  If you haven't had your inspection, yet (it is very informal, and if you have a set up that will keep birds alive, and on your property, you will be approved), ask your local agent if he has a sample of what someone else uses.  Most spread sheet, or inventory program could be adapted.

If you have access to a spread sheet program, like Quatro Pro, or possibly Quickbooks, you could set it up with the headings you want, and print out blank forms to keep in the barn, or brooder house.  For me, that would be handier, anyway.  If you need it, I may have a copy of a program you can try.  I just use a ledger:  June 14- bought - 200 - Mel. Mut. Pheasant chicks - Elk Creek.

July 7- bought - 500 Bobwhite Quail - Van Meter

Sept. 18 - sold - 200 - Chukar - Webster Co. B. H. C.

Sept. 19-21 - hatched - 1400 + Bobwhite chicks

My local Agent says he checks records once a year, no scheduled time.  He also refers calls he receives from people looking for birds on a rotation basis of the list of licensed growers in the county.

Where are you located, what do you raise, what do you need?

Jack, Ava,  Mo.

Sept. 14- sold-

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
mark

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:19:41 AM »

Thanks for the information, I think making a spreadsheet would be the best.

KCarroll
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 05:46:43 PM »

The BEST program for keeping records is called FileMakePro.  It can be customized for any applications.  I use it for all my records, from inventory, to taxes.  Well worth the cost and great support.   s144
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »