Raising Gamebirds > Brooding and Raising

Quail chicks dying

(1/1)

Faisal:
I have buy a new incubator and replace with a old one due to get large space. The incubator is around 4ft length 2.5ft width and around 1 feet height. The Brooder Temperature is controlled and the temperature is 96 degree F. The problem which i am faing is that the quail chicks die when they are around 7-8days old. Everyday 10 chicks die and i have also kept new born quail chicks in this brooder and when they become 7 days old most of the chicks die. Kindly help me as around more then 100 chicks has been died.

Pheasant Hollow Farm:

--- Quote from: Faisal on August 16, 2013, 02:39:18 AM ---I have buy a new incubator and replace with a old one due to get large space. The incubator is around 4ft length 2.5ft width and around 1 feet height. The Brooder Temperature is controlled and the temperature is 96 degree F. The problem which i am faing is that the quail chicks die when they are around 7-8days old. Everyday 10 chicks die and i have also kept new born quail chicks in this brooder and when they become 7 days old most of the chicks die. Kindly help me as around more then 100 chicks has been died.

--- End quote ---

Your brooder temp is to low. Your brooder temp should be 100* for the first week and drop it down 5* every week their after for the first 5 weeks.

Make sure the water and feed are kept cool as well. Your chicks will not drink water if it is 100* and they won't eat the feed either.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version