Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:31:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Pharoah Quail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pharoah Quail  (Read 13886 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2008, 03:42:24 AM »

Had anyone ask the question if the two Pharaoh Quail were male and female? or two females..

If  Bella Baby has two females all the incubation on earth isn't going to hatch these eggs out.

If they are a pair, I would suggest getting the brooder and some kind of quail pen set up prior to putting any eggs in the incubator since it will only take:
Bella gather them daily and store them small end down at about 50 to 60 deg. and turn them at least 30 deg. 3 times a day and when you get 10 to 14 eggs put them into the inc. then start over saving them all over again if you want to hatch anymore. They will hatch in 16 to17 days if you inc. them correctly. Good Luck

....and make sure your brooder set up has the right heat lamps, you have the correct feed for the chicks and the correct water type set up so they don't drown.

Preparation is the key issue prior to plugging in the incubator.

...........and yes, a Sharpie Marker, what ever color you choose is fine for marking eggs.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2008, 09:03:09 AM »

Steve she said that she was getting 1 egg a day and one of them had the white foam on its TANG TANG so I just went from there. But a close up photo of both of them would really help.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Bella Baby

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »

Kiwi the female as far as I know
Bella Baby

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 11:52:28 AM »

Looks like the first is a female and the second is a male.
The female has a spotted breast. The male has a tan breast.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Bella Baby

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »

So now that you have pictures can you tell my guess is that Kiwi the first pic is my girl and henry the second pic is my boy he is the more calm loveable little guy likes to be held and sleeps in bed with my son at night. He is also the one that makes the annoying screech at 3am she sing little soft whistles and is not so friendly
Bella Baby

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 11:55:18 AM »

N/H Pete did they come from you Husband got them in Croydon NH?? He cant remember the persons name.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »

No they didn't. I don't sell any live birds just the eggs.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »

I live about 100 miles east of you.

Abraham Lincoln
Bella Baby

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2008, 12:40:58 PM »

Damn I guess I do have a male and female then can you still eat the firtile eggs? Don't know much about this stuff Have read a lot on different websites but they all contradict each other. So if you know a good one that has its facts straight I really apprecate the help.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »

Eat the egg. They are very good. Read here first.

Abraham Lincoln
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 02:17:52 PM »

Yep male and female...the male is the one making that weird noise. I would not let them sleep in bed with my children they are nasty and they could catch salmonella. Holding them is fine but have them wash their hands afterwards. If you do not want to eat fertile eggs just seperate them and in a couple weeks they will not be fertile and she will continue to lay.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 05:09:19 PM »

Kiwi the female as far as I know
Photos are right. Kiwi is a female and the other is a male.
very nice looking birds too.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:15:56 PM by mobe_45 » Logged

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2008, 05:14:09 PM »

yes, eating the fertile eggs does not hurt you. the sooner you refrigerate them after being laid the smaller the blood spot if at all. The longer you let them stay set on the closer you will come to eating belut. (Nearly hatched chick in the shell). If your first eggs have been under the birds for a long time you may want to dump them unless you were wanting to hatch instead of eat them.

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
Bella Baby

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2008, 01:31:56 PM »

OK I tossed the 23 eggs and will start over gathering for 12 days Husband is getting incubator tonight and hopefully soon we'll have a few babies. Thank you to all who helped. I'll keep you posted on the incubation and hatching.I hope to not screw it up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »