Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:42:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Ground vs. Wire (Should be entitled Power's hunting ethics)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ground vs. Wire (Should be entitled Power's hunting ethics)  (Read 15691 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2004, 10:53:01 PM »

Guess I'm a lucky one. All my birds are raised on the ground, with good housing. Never had a problem.
Don McGowan
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2004, 06:58:31 AM »

Welcome to WALMART !!!!!    :D
power
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2004, 05:33:07 PM »

delet
Quail Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2004, 06:06:13 PM »

Power, can you explain a bit the signals of bacterial enteritus as opposed to cocci?

What do the birds look like when they die?
do they pile up on top of each other when they die?
I was told I had a bout of cocci but I am not sure.
the died in droves for a week or so now the rest are fine.
when they died they piled on top of each other and waited to die.
they spread their legs out straight. folded their wings up tight and waited to die.

And no, they were not dying because they piled up rather they just seemed to want to be with each other to die.

never had this before.

or since.
QF out
scc
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »

CHAAAA........CHING!!!!!!!!!   It's about birds not hunters.
derk1

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2004, 07:44:18 PM »

guess you didnt know how to raise birds so they would fly.

when I can name over 5 farms that sell over 250,000 quail a year easy and 5 more that sell  that many pheasants a year plus thousands and thousands of chuckar plus all the rest of us small guys selling to hunting preserves it is about the hunter..
If I want ornamental things I will raise peafowl.

Oh well I like a good argument, thats what makes this country great. I agree to dis-agree with you and I still believe that hunting anything beats nothing.
What are we supposed to hunt when we have no wild birds???
I get tired of shooting at sparrows.
As for the true hunter,
I bowhunt whitetails, you do that? That is true hunting.
Why dont you post some info about yourself and location?
Royal Flush Game Birds

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2004, 08:54:07 PM »

Some folks can always find higher ground cant they ? :P

WWW.ROYALFLUSHGAMEBIRDS.COM
EdenFarm
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2004, 09:22:01 PM »

Power, I like guy's with your ideas. You keep selling your birds with rules and restrictions and more of your customers will come to me. If you owned Walmart you could tell you customers not to wear that shirt till it was happy in its new home. As for me I don't care what they do with my birds after they buy them. I'm in this business to sell birds. My birds will fly after 24 hours or 24 minutes. As far as I am concerned the customer is always right and my birds speak for themselves. Like Derk said if you don't want to shoot lame pen raised birds don't. My customers are happy with the product they have to put in their fields.    Jack
Country Quail Boy FL
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2004, 10:23:50 PM »

I'm just 16 and even i know that the gamebird market is nothing without the hunter. And how many ornamental birds do you sell a year power?

Derk, i also hunt whitetails with a bow. I enjoy hunting anything that has a season. And none of its wasted. I was raised hunting and fishing and i will continue to do so for the rest of my life.

Power, if you haven't already noticed, this forum is mostly comprised of hunters, backyard breeders, and a few larger breeders....and i garuntee that a high percentage of their clientel are so called "Wal-mart" hunters. And i have never seen a bird that was raised in a proper flight pen that i could catch with a short handle net. The only birds like that had bald patches where they had been stroked so much on the back of the head...
power
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2004, 09:36:36 AM »

delet
power
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2004, 09:58:23 AM »

delet
duck nutt
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2004, 12:48:35 PM »

i've been told things aren't like they were 30 years ago...private land owners can't let people hunt like the did in the past due to law suits and crap like that.....fortunately I have about 1200 available to me to hunt with a few coveys there....Unfortunately most people don't have this resource and have no choice but  to 'wal-mart' hunt....personally, i love shooting any kind of quail, pen-raised or wild....my dog points them both!    I hope there are a bunch of wal-mart hunters in my area because father-in-law and I are about to raise some bobwhites for them!
power
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2004, 01:18:05 PM »

delet
duck nutt
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2004, 01:22:30 PM »

our fly-pens are huge.....if you can hand-catch any of our birds, we won't set them out....we're trying to raiswe some of teh wildest birds we can....gonna keep human contact to a minimum....btw
  where can I get eggs for  .13 shipped?...
duck nutt
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2004, 01:24:54 PM »

sorry, was a double poster
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »