Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Sick hen pheasants
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sick hen pheasants  (Read 3003 times)
Purpletaco

« on: May 06, 2010, 01:31:32 AM »

I have had an outbreak of dead pheasants in the last 3 days.  It is only affecting the hens in the pen.  some of their eyes swell shut and then they die.  They seem to act drunk or stumble around.  Then they just drop dead.  But it is only affecting the hen pheasants.  I think I can rule out the feed as I feed the same thing to my chukars and chickens and i have had absolutley no problems with them.  I have treated their waterers with Terromyacin.  It doesn't seem to help.  At this pace i'm gonna lose my breeding flock in about a week.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also noticed some seem to have the runs.  I also noticed when I picked up one live bird that looked sick to get it out of the pen it threw up.

help please

If anyone knows what this is you can also email me direct at Royalflushpheasants@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Curt
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:27:32 AM »

Take one to a Vet and have an autopsy done. It will cost less than the lose of your birds.
This way, you'll know for sure what the problem is.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »