Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  STANDARD STUD FEE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: STANDARD STUD FEE  (Read 4615 times)
J-Bird

Personal Text

« on: February 13, 2014, 09:56:18 PM »

What is a standard stud fee for a GSP?  I have a guy contact me about breeding his @$$$@ and I have never messed with breeding so I don't know what is fair to the both of us.  Neither GSP is registered.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 06:15:33 AM »

What is a standard stud fee for a GSP?  I have a guy contact me about breeding his @$$$@ and I have never messed with breeding so I don't know what is fair to the both of us.  Neither GSP is registered.

Registered could go as high as $1000.00 or even more in some places depending on blood line history. Here in WV they go with papers between $450.00-$550.00 with females' $100.00 more.

If you can prove that both are pure you should get at least $100.00-$150.00  or pick of the litter.

Have him deliver the female and have the mating taking place at your residence. I would say that it shouldn't take anymore than 3 mounts tops if the male is at least 1.5 years old. If cash is the fee, make sure that the owner can witness the mate this way their isn't any question.

If the male is much larger in size then the female, I would not breed the two.

Another factor to consider is the avalibility of GSP in your area, and whether the buyers want paperwork or not.

For the owner of the female in heat: The old supply and demand will set the price per pup. Normally no papers can fetch a price for male or female at $125.00 - $150.00 with tails docked and dew claws removed.

Again supply and demand will set the price.

Good luck! I own 4 GSP.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:29:11 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »