Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:20:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Eastend Gamebird Ranch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eastend Gamebird Ranch  (Read 4694 times)
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« on: July 02, 2005, 08:22:31 PM »

Owner is Paul Reed. Ebay Id is seanzack.

I won a bid for 24+ Gambel eggs. He shipped 29.

The packaging was terrible, to say the least. Out of 29 shipped, 17 were busted/cracked. That left 12. Of those 12, 3 were fertile, with 1 stale.

Now, I've been doing this long enough to know that shipping anything through the mail is risky as the various shipping services are rough on packages. But, I still expect to receive a quality product for my money. Weather one has to reship the product, or refund my money.

This individual was very defensive from the first time I contacted him about the broken eggs. Had an excuse as to why he couldn't ship more eggs right from the beginning. When I emailed him a week later to let him know there were only 3 fertile eggs out of the 12 that were undamaged, he responded by sending an insulting email back.

I've dealt with backyard quail breeders that had more professionalism in thier little finger than this guy.

Beware. Once the sale is made, the service stops there....

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 09:06:13 PM »

most dealings i had this year with ebay  have been about the same .i order 3 dozen eggs most come broken the few that are left are not fertile i am lucky to get 4 to hatch out of 3 dozen this has happened more than once this year and i will stay away from ebay
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 09:48:58 PM »

Sad thing is, people like this give everyone else a bad name. I've sold/shipped around 5000 eggs this year through ebay, and have yet to have a dissatisfied cutomer. Sure I've had some eggs break in transit. But I replaced them at MY cost. That's how you get repeat business.

I'll continue to use ebay when I need to because there are only a few bad apples out there, and it only takes a little time to figure out who they are.

As a side note, most of the people that received eggs from me via ebay have emailed me to say they will be purchasing from me next year. Not everyone on ebay is a crook. But I am more than happy to point out the ones that are.....

I'm thinking about setting up a web site just to post this guys email responses to me. It is appalling.

Anyway.... buy from him at your own risk....

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
ssbuman
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2005, 02:41:17 AM »

I bought eggs from all over this year.  The  Texas A & M eggs I got from Ebay had a 67% hatch (which I thought was darn good considering it was an Alabama to Wisconsin transaction).  Currently tonight I am watching my Button quail hatch (from Anibid.com Auction-- out of Kentucky) and my Tuxedo quail I bought from eggbid.com .  I don't yet have a percentage on those but I am impressed with what I did get so far.  I even bought my incubator from Eggbid.com (Little Giant Still Air). 

I guess so far I haven't run into a stinker as far as the poultry business, but I am sure my time will come.  Sorry you got so badly took Mag. 
Royal Flush Game Birds

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2005, 05:47:42 PM »

Im sorry that you had such a bad experience on ebay.I sell some on ebay myself.Most through the APWS and Game Bird Gazette. I admit there is no excuse for that many broken eggs however I have bought eggs off of ebay that had a terrible hatch rate and some that were very good..Thats the chance you take anywhere not just ebay. Gambel and Valley quail fertility is not as good as say the bobwhite.If I can get a 50% hatch rate from these two species I can live with that. I know how to incubate,store eggs but the breeding is left up to the birds. I try to send extras to offset breakage.

Backyard breeders in my opinion have some of the best birds out there due to the fact they are not just throwing feed and water at them but are looking for problems,providing ampel cage space and raising generally healthly birds. I would not buy any eggs or birds from anyone who is not NPIP approved.I cant take the risk for my operation so I am limited to whom I get replacements from.

You can not save a dollar on quality gamebirds and eggs. Many people who just start raising game birds think you raise them like chickens and its just not so as many of you well know. It took me years and lots of losses to learn how to hatch and then keep them alive long enough to lay enough eggs to reproduce an adult.

Many folks believe that if they buy 100 eggs every one must be fertile and then hatch for them to be satisfied.Anything short of that and they are disappointed. The best a person can do is provide quailty feed/water,cage space,hen to roo ratio and quaility breeding practices for there customers.

I have been doing this long enough that Im not foolish enough to get bent out of shape unless appx. 50% dont hatch.Even then I examine the eggs to see at what developement if any ceased to exist. Im convinced the key to buying Gambel and Valley eggs is to get them early in the season (April/May) before they even think of molting. Most folks will sell a egg if they are still getting eggs. I dont sell any Valley or Gambel after June 15th.. its too risky.I may put those in my bator but I wont sell them. That means stopping production early so that I know Im selling the eggs that have the best chance of hatching.. Key word being "CHANCE"

My feedback on ebay is 100% and I hope to keep it that way.Will I? I dont know.Its just a matter of time until a beginner is disappointed and Im left with less than desirable feedback. I do the best I can and let the Good Lord worry about my reputation.  Posting bad results only enflames those if they see it.I dont know how much it warnes others.Its not worth the hassel to me. A phone call usually does the trick for getting better service.If I live and learn Im smarter for it. Just my 2 cents.Replacing broken eggs for people is a good practice.If they recieve the amount of eggs that they paid for within reason they should be satisfied if theynhave a decent hatch.That many broken eggs you experienced is unacceptable by anyones standards so I can agree with you on that one. Fertility I think one has to be a little more considerate of. Most folks simply dont know how to operate a incubator and often time end up cooking an egg by too high a temperture.Seldom does eggs not hatch to to low a temp. delayed hatching yes. I just hatched off 54 Gambels and 59 Valleys out of 100 of each. Im happy with that personally. For bobwhites I would expect 65% or so through the mail.

I hope you can find some replacements eggs in time to raise them fore next years breeders.Good luck my friend! :laugh:
RFGB<><

WWW.ROYALFLUSHGAMEBIRDS.COM
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »

unfortunalty I don't think I'll be getting anymore Gamble eggs this year, as with the responce you gave me via email, everyone is about out of gambles. No biggie. Next year I'll get on the ball a little sooner.

I'm happy for you on your 100% rating on ebay. I too am currently holding 100% rating, with many satisfied customers planning on repeat business next year. I hope the same for you as well, as it's nice to finally be getting ahead in this business :-)

As for the fertility, I wasn't really all that upset about it. Heck, I wasn't even that upset over the broken eggs. It was the condescending attitude, and insults that angered me.

And I agree about the feedback. I left negative feedback on him, but now am wondering if it was the right thing to do, because there is nothing keeping him from winning one of my auctions and repaying the favor so to speak. But, live and learn as you say. I'll just make sure to hold myself to a higher standard, and hope my customers see the difference.

Take care,

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »