Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Birds are finally starting to pick up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Birds are finally starting to pick up  (Read 2874 times)
setterman

Personal Text

« on: May 03, 2011, 09:33:34 AM »

Been a crazy spring here for my quail and pheasants birds are finally starting to lay well...Cold one day and the next 40...Tomorrow is suppose to be 50

Raising quail and partridge for release or hunting parties!

Permit Breeder
Briar Hill Brittanys

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 05:47:05 PM »

My quail have been laying for a couple of weeks.  One clutch in the incubator.  The ringnecks aren't doing much.  Our weather has been pretty crazy, too.  We're looking at 70+ by the end of the week. 
WOOHOO!    Mark

Britts aren't big dogs, but there's more than enough room for all you want in devotion, intelligence, and a merry disposition. Britts live to please their hunting pals. Pick a bird cover from chukars to woodcock, they'll do the job for you with pleasure.
backyardquail

This place is going to the birds!

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 09:31:22 AM »

Weather has been off and on here, cold one day and plan hot the next.  Had to cover the garden last night due to frost warning.  Just  gotta love these midwest weather patterns. 

My birds have been laying for a couple of weeks now, in fact I had a small hatch from the incubator just this past week and have a handful of those sold.  I am a very small time, but hoping to make enough to get an automated egg turner for my small incubator and pay for feed the rest of the year. :laugh:

Backyard Quail
"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." - Victor Hugo
setterman

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 10:15:18 AM »

Have 12 of each of Red goldens Yellow goldens and ladys plus 6 snowflake and 6 silver bobs in the bator now all fertile ...hope all goes well with the hatch!

Raising quail and partridge for release or hunting parties!

Permit Breeder
QUAIL

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 09:50:41 PM »

Finally getting some quail and pheasant eggs here in Iowa.Weather has been up and down all spring.70 one day 50 the next next week looks like 70s all week. s176
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »