Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:48:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Have we cooked them before we even got started?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have we cooked them before we even got started?  (Read 2636 times)
Mrs P

Personal Text

« on: April 23, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »

Well less than 8 hours into incubating them,  our eggs spent 6-8 hours in very high temps- 107 max. We are not sure why this happened as the incubator was holding steady for 2 days before placing the eggs in it.  I slowly reduced the heat back to 99.5 over the course of about 30 minutes but the temp is still fluctuating between 98 and 101. Does anyone know if we have literally "cooked our goose" or quail as the case may be? Help!
Thanks!
Mrs P and her kg chicks
dan

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 05:31:45 PM »

Mrs P ,
 Hard to tell for shure. what kind of thermometer do you have? & where is it? I have found that where it is makes a big big differance . if it is HIGH in the incubator the temp soars. if is egg level not so bad & laying on the bottom seems to cool. I would not stop . I would go ahaid & finish the incubation. I'll bet you will have some hatch & maybe a lot. I will keep my fingers crossed for you
. Thats what is so fun about hatching an egg ... you just never know
 D
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »