Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:00:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  How about pics of family dogs, not just hunters.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How about pics of family dogs, not just hunters.  (Read 45519 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2008, 03:24:44 PM »

OK now I am going to get in trouble!

Calling any x breed between 2 different purebreeds a hybrid is wrong, just the same as xing Yellow and Red Goldens, it is a mongrel and a mistake. The bloodlines of my Labs are pure for the last 100+ yrs.

Then along comes some irresponsible breeder, who through accident or misguided judgement ends up with a Designer yuppie litter and calls it a Hybrid, s49
Yea a Hybrid all right, more like a "whew am I ever glad I managed to sell that litter, and look how the yuppies just loved them". More Mongrols on the way!

Now I am going out to see if I can x my Lab with a Llama, it might still shed, but then I could sell upscale sweaters, and I could ride it hunting, yes sir I want me one of them new O'LABABINAMA's  s176

labmancan,

It is all about money. You want a registered breed, just come up with the funds and you can have one.

As far as Obamamama's, I voted early and it is McCain and Palin for me.

Glad to see you are home. How was work?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »

Work was ok, have to do 24 straight starting Monday, Snowing when I left Thurs. night!

Having troubles getting the Llama to hold still for my stud.  :evil:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 09:30:54 PM »

Excuse me lady, but I have been breeding, Training and raising HUNTING Labs, for over 35yrs., how much more research do you feel I would need. As far as genetic defects, that's what pedigrees are for, so you can back trace to improve without inbreeding.
How many pups have you had, that 85% are return customers? 18 -23 out of 30 were purebred, that sounds a little out of whack, considering there are 5 times as many mongrels born each year, then there are purebreds. As far as Labradoodles and your
Pyren-Poodles may be a new x breed twist, so new in fact, that they aren't even listed with ANY of the Kennel Clubs. Without this registry they are not a recognized breed, so that by defination would make them mongrels. Time you did some research of your own.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2008, 09:58:58 PM »

I was thinking about crossing Labrador retrievers with collies.  I will call them .  . .  . (Recalls)  :grin:

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2008, 10:42:02 PM »

never mind Marvin the martian. I think we have entered ......... Imagine if you will .... the twilight zone.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2008, 04:37:04 PM »

No one who has read more than four or five of my posts will believe this, but it really was just a simple question.  Now I wonder why I didn't see it right off!  From behind, the tailless one still looks like a Polar bear cub.

When I find time, I will come back and partially contradict what everyone else has said, about the subject.  But I feel a real need to mention that the absolutely last thing we need is another law, especially another National law, and most especially one that takes property, or ownership rights away from American citizens. 

Gee, I feel a rant comming on.  Marvin Martian, My Favorite Martian, Bill Bixby, big green Lou, must be a connection.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2008, 09:24:38 PM »

I just have to say that as long as intentional buyers/owners are aware of the idea of the cross breed, then more power to ya... But it's the ones that come in my clinic saying that they have a puredbred labradoodle that irritate the @$$@ outta me... excuse my french. People are very uneducated sometimes about things like this. I agree that way back when all of the breeds we now know were made somehow by crossing two other types, but the number of "breeds" that are being "developed" here lately is a bit ridiculous. It took MANY MANY years to develop the purebreeds we know now... And, I totally agree with the whole issue of purebreds having more problems than so-called mutts. I see it daily. Cross bred dogs are the best kind! I just don't like how folks are being misled sometimes lately.... That's all. To each his own....
ode2god
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008, 12:26:20 AM »

last pic i promise s15freinds?
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008, 04:07:37 AM »

So tell me, what does this dog do for it keep, or what will it do for its keep?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
ode2god
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008, 08:52:58 AM »

when i bought my home as a single mom i had no choice but to move into one of the crumbiest nieghborhoods in tampa  in order to keep a roof over my 3 kids heads ...i bought this house then ,7 yrs ago, and while the neighbor hood is improving its still has its rough edges and i have no problems with theft,or taking long walks if i so choose because every one knows i have 85 lb dogs with barks as big as lions...i can also sit in my front yard any time of day with out any one approaching the yrd while me and my grandkids play..etc .they also let the kids climb on them, ride them , :?:and  the kids can rough house with them and all they do to them is roll over and push them aside with their huge paws ....but let a strange person approach the yard and they set off barking and dont stop until i approach or they leave
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2008, 08:58:29 AM »

I had a Great Pyrenees once. She was a great dog and HUGH they like to ramble.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2008, 09:01:02 AM »

oh they are totally awesome ..a little hard to keep home thogh they walk over fence like they arent there s176
greyghost
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »

Hey Ode did you see my mutts they are right at the begining of this thread. Oh yeah, that is Thor and Roxy. They are Brother and Sister. Same parents, different litter.
 Dad was a 130# Dobie, Mom is a 100# Rott. Gotta love mutts, we don't lock the doors at night.
To all of you that have a problem with the word mutt, all domesticated dogs come from Wolves.
Through interbreeding of smaller, and larger, and semi-domesticated animals we get mutts.
 But, mutts are the most loving, trainable animal there is. My big dog Thor knows more English than most of the Mexicans in my town. Ain't that a shame! s80
ode2god
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 10:01:00 PM »

somebody shoot me i thought we finished the mutt thing ....youre impossible a44 a38 j1 c110
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2008, 04:51:27 AM »

c110     
                  c110             

c110                                        ode2god           
  c110

c110

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »