Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:08:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Poultry Production
| | |-+  another predator ...rats .. anny suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: another predator ...rats .. anny suggestions  (Read 16931 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »

And you KNOW that she understands all of that... i9
s20  thank you slider ...okay yes i am the idiot here ..and you do realize these are not yer big game birds they are little puny button quail full grown they are much bigger than parakeets.. how do you find the oil glands on them?...also they are not used to cold weather yet they are barely 6 mos. old..and the change im concerned about guys is the day to day ..not necessarily high low... ::)  you know cold one day hot the next
 :-|

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2008, 01:28:14 AM »

Well, Buttons may be different, but I'm talking about that much swing in one day, also.

If we had cameras installed, it would be fun to give you detailed, but bogus instructions on stimulating their oil glands.  Since we don't, I'll suggest doing a search, here, it has been covered in detail, several times, and someone might leave out something useful.  Since they are small, I'd suggest doing it on sunny days, only, giving them plenty of time to dry, before sundown.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
ode2god
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2008, 12:22:15 PM »

[/quote]from charlie horse

:-|

With a microscope.
[/quote] j1 lol  they were outside in a small aviary when i bought them ...ill research it ,here, guys no one here in fla. nows much about the critters either ..beleive it or not i get most of my info from the uk forum they keep them as pets there..i know i read  SOMEWHERE something about stimulating the oil glands thanks for yer help guys i5
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2008, 03:08:05 PM »

stimulating the oil glands

Just spray them with a water bottle as wildergamebirds directed.......

Since they are small, I'd suggest doing it on sunny days, only, giving them plenty of time to dry, before sundown.

This should be done occasionally if they are sheltered and do not get rained on. It's good for the birds and they enjoy primping/cleaning afterwards.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 03:10:53 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »

thanks guys  ill try your suggestions :grin:
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »