Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Poultry Production
| | |-+  Californian Egg Pictures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Californian Egg Pictures  (Read 18112 times)
Suz658
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:30:41 AM »

not authorised to delete .....
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 05:17:19 PM by Suz658 » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:02:42 PM »

I won't be able to help you identify the eggs, but................you're link that you posted won't allow me to see anything without being a member!  Can you post them on this site for those who may be able to help?

Good Luck and  s016

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »

aKira posted an egg picture, but I cannot find it. Have you tried Google ?
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »

Look like Coturnix to me.  Maybe you got what you paid for.  Maybe.

Lotta help, huh?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »

Looks like Valley eggs to me.
I'd check, but mine haven't started to lay yet.
But I did a quick search via Google and there are tons of pictures....
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »

Looks like Coturnix eggs to me too.  Cream color with freckles rather than splodges is close but some do have small brown splodges along with the freckles and usually are a bit smaller than Coturnix.
finnegan

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:26:15 PM »

they look like valley eggs jim
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 08:55:34 PM »

Looks like a "toss-up" so far!!    Come to any conclusions yet Suz?  I don't know how old they are and how far they've been, but they may be best as "Scrambled eggs", before long?  :-|   :grin:

we do things so differently

???   How so?   Please, don't tell me that you set on the eggs yourself?   :wink:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 09:54:23 PM »

THEY ARE NOT VALLEY EGGS>!!!!!!!!!

CoopVilla
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 04:43:00 AM »

California quail egg image courtesy of http://www.mtbulliongamebirds.com/gallery4.html

Cortunix cortunix egg image courtesy of http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Coturnix_coturnix_eggs.jpg
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 03:33:13 AM by CoopVilla » Logged
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 07:19:44 AM »

Some body has some dirty pens...look at those Bobwhite eggs......I would never incubate an egg that looked like that...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:39:25 AM by slider » Logged

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 08:27:31 AM »

Nice setup Suz658  j2

From Suz658
Well that's really helpful, but a simple I'm not sure what the eggs are would have been suffice, but thanks anyway   I don't know if certain members on the this forum see new comers as a threat, but reading the last 2 weeks post some of the sarcastic snippy comments seem totally uncalled for, and quite frankly I'm surprised the forum keeps going with some of attitudes on here, but on saying that I have noticed that new posts are getting less & less.

No threat at all, we just don't like to have to keep repeating ourselves s020 That is what the search feature is for.

If the person can't find it in the search, we are more then will to help.

........I have noticed that new posts are getting less & less. it is now the season where most of use are busy with the egg shipments, chicks sales, pen maintanence and general farm work.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »

I can see that you have put alot of work and money in your hobby setup and it looks real good and I commend you for that, BUT YOU STILL GOT DIRTY EGGS....so go a little further and do something about it..Dirty eggs are bad and spread bacteria and hold diseases and will limit hatchability....if you sold eggs that looked like that in this country you would not be in business for long...I am not trying to be a smart a@@, I am just trying to give you some good advise...Take it as you will....and you have a great day!!!!!!

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »

Suz, I think you and Pheasant Hollow are talking "apples, and pine cones". 

Seems to me Steve was talking about new members in general (many of whom pop on, ask a question that is covered in 2-3 very fresh threads, then demand an answer, as if it were a birthright).  Some have actually asked what kind of brooder they need for eggs that have been in the incubator a couple of weeks!

I have only been around here a year, but I don't remember your question ever being asked.

Slider, for what it's worth, I don't think she plans to sell them in any country.  I might be wrong, but I think she is going to incubate them.  I got some Chukar eggs from a fellow last summer, in a trade.  They were nearly free, and had a lot worse than a few dirt tracks.  I commented about it and he said he just sprays them with warm Tek-Trol solution.  He's in his mid sixties, a life long farmer, and has raised birds for some twenty years.  Otherwise I would have figured he was just stupid.  I put these 300+ in with others from two other suppliers.  I kept each group together when I placed them in baskets in hatcher.  The largest batch had been washed in commercial washer (egg washer, charliehorse), the others just wiped with damp cloth, where needed.  All batches were pretty close as far as hatch rate 86%-88%. 

I wouldn't sell dirty eggs, especially across country, but I don't think slight smudges should cause you to throw them away.  I suppose hens polish them with grass, and feathers.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 10:07:42 PM »

Didn`t know I was dealing with a girl...guess I need to check from now own...there so sensitive...and I am to old to care... s020

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »